Made in Dagenham Film - craneboy

Anyone planning on seeing this film about the female pay strikes at Ford in the 60's when it opens next week?

Do you think it will be an accurate historical portrayal, or jazzed up for the big screen. Perhaps you have some personal experience of working in the British car industry during this period. I would be interested to hear some comments on this.

Made in Dagenham Film - Chris M

My wife has told me I will be taking her to see it. But I will not be expecting too much historical accuracy. For a start the factory scenes were not shot in Dagenham, although I believe the council estate scenes were filmed close by.

Made in Dagenham Film - bathtub tom

I was listening to a radio revue which indicated it was fairly faithful to the event. They had to change some names - effing Freda for example. Some of the original strikers had parts in the film.

Made in Dagenham Film - SteveLee

When I had a contract at Ford Basildon in 1990, a secretary there was celebrating 30 years at Ford, she was beaming with pride at the fact that she went on strike the DAY she started her job! We wonder why most British car manufacturers were hopeless...

Made in Dagenham Film - Harry Boy

That reminds me, I must buy a new dustbin...