Insignia CDTI SRI Nav or Audi A4 S Line 170 TDI - Unrecorded Damaged car, is it worth it? - Hushpuppy

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying an unrecorded damaged car and have found these two. Anyone got any thoughts if this is a viable way of saving money?

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=...3

cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNRECORDED-DAMAGED-SALVAGE-INSIGNIA...1

Insignia CDTI SRI Nav or Audi A4 S Line 170 TDI - Unrecorded Damaged car, is it worth it? - Armstrong Sid

cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNRECORDED-DAMAGED-SALVAGE-INSIGNIA-DIESEL-AUTOMATIC-/120623100465?pt=Automobiles_UK&;hash=item1c15b27231

What's the attraction with this and its customised back-end? How much would it cost to fix that?

A quick look on Autotrader and you can get an undamaged Insignia for the same price or even less.

Edited by Armstrong Sid on 25/09/2010 at 21:26

Insignia CDTI SRI Nav or Audi A4 S Line 170 TDI - Unrecorded Damaged car, is it worth it? - Hushpuppy
Sid,

Really where? I'm struggling to find a same spec one on an 09 plate with less than 25K miles for anywhere near £10k.
Insignia CDTI SRI Nav or Audi A4 S Line 170 TDI - Unrecorded Damaged car, is it worth it? - Collos25

By the you the you have repaired the Insignia you could have bought a new one.

Insignia CDTI SRI Nav or Audi A4 S Line 170 TDI - Unrecorded Damaged car, is it worth it? - Graham567
The back of the Insignia looks improved after that damage.Although anything would look better than the back end of an Insignia!

Insignia CDTI SRI Nav or Audi A4 S Line 170 TDI - Unrecorded Damaged car, is it worth it? - Armstrong Sid

Really where? I'm struggling to find a same spec one on an 09 plate with less than 25K miles for anywhere near £10k.

OK I admit I exaggerated a bit.

I wasn't looking exactly for your particular spec, I was just looking at the number of Insignias which could be had for your price.

Several other people have posted here since, and all said the same thing I mentioned. By the time you've had that rear end fixed, you could've bought a real car.

Sid,

Yes you and the rest are right, I think I got carried away with the idea of 'it cant be that hard or expensive to replace a bumper and door from a salvage place',

What peoples thoughts on the A4? It doesn't seem to have much damage on it at all.