vauxhall astra 1.7 TD 2002 - warning lights - moonmelon1

since coming back from MOT i have noticed my engine managment and coolant lights stay on when ignition is on but go off when engine started, neither come back on when driving and engine temp is normal (has always sat about 86 Deg) nothing else is effected to my knowledge.

i dont trust the garage so dont want to take it back there

since coming back from MOT i have noticed my engine managment and coolant lights stay on when ignition is on but go off when engine started, neither come back on when driving and engine temp is normal (has always sat about 86 Deg) nothing else is effected to my knowledge.

i dont trust the garage so dont want to take it back there

any ideas ???

vauxhall astra 1.7 TD 2002 - warning lights - elekie&a/c doctor

I think you will find that this is normal.As long as the lights are not on with engine running,then there is no problem.There is nothing on an mot test that would cause an issue with the warning lights.hth

vauxhall astra 1.7 TD 2002 - warning lights - clewsy01

Yes its normal, after owning numerous Vauxhalls and driving a 1.7 TD vauxhall van for work it is fine.

i didnt think it was too much of a problem but i know the coolant light certainly never used to stay on until engine running. just wonder why its doing it now

vauxhall astra 1.7 TD 2002 - warning lights - Railroad.

As has been said already, nothing of this is part of the MOT test. From inside the car the tester will check to make sure the indicator and rear fog lamp tell-tale lamps work on the dash. He will also check amongst other things the operation of the wipers and washers, the horn, the hazards with ignition on and off and that the ABS lamp (if fitted) extinguishes as it should do. The Engine Management Lamp can either stay on, flash, not work or play a tune, it doesn't matter. It's not part of the test.....

railroad thanks for the reply, im not worried about the MOT , thats fine , passed ok apart from replacing a front coil spring. its just that the light has only started to stay on during ignition and goes off when engine started, previously it used to go off before engine management light.

i was trying to find out why it has starting doing this all of a sudden

M