What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta - Extended Warranties where from? - mooo

I brought a 2006 MK6 1.6 Ford Fiesta TDCi with 46k miles on the clock from Autoquake. Anyway I declined their warranty as it doesnt even cover for wear and tear. I am looking for an 3 year extended warranty. Warranty Direct called me and gave me a reduced quote from the web one when I mentioned it seemed expensive. However they dont do three year warranties.

I am tempted to go for Click4 Warranty as they also do a vehicle inspection and a cheaply priced 3 year warranty. Also it covers for wear and tear like Warranty Direct. The vehicle inspection will be useful as I want to check I havent brought a lemon.

Anyone of here had any dealings with Click4 Warranty? Or is there any other providers I should check out.

I did check out warrantywise but they were very pricy for a three year warranty but are they any good for claims etc.

Ford Fiesta - Extended Warranties where from? - Collos25

Save your money for the repairs you might need,all these companies are insurance based and are out to rip you off.

Ford Fiesta - Extended Warranties where from? - jc2

There's "wear & tear" and there's "fair wear & tear".

Edited by jc2 on 21/09/2010 at 09:34

Ford Fiesta - Extended Warranties where from? - LucyBC

Andy is a bit of a troll on insurance. The theory behind any insurance policy is everyone pays a bit (the many) and they pay out to the unfortunate soul (the few) who have a problem.

If you are one of the many you get peace of mind for having the cover. If you are one of the few who need to claim you will be eternally grateful that you had the foresight to take out the cover.

Ford Fiesta - Extended Warranties where from? - Collos25

I do not think I am a Troll lucy many many years of experience in the motor trade has shown to me and many others that insurance based repair schemes are a con,they try every means possible to not pay or reduce payment and then they try to reduce the payment to the garage doing the work.Many garages will not touch warranty insurance work because they know they will have to wait for ages for payment when they finally agree a price.You obviously have had very little to do with them otherwise you would not make such stupid statements stick to the law side something your good at.

Ford Fiesta - Extended Warranties where from? - bonzo dog

What you fail to realise Lucy is that car dealers are brought up to lie, cheat, mislead etc & therefore view everyone else in the same light. Warranty companies do not try to get out of paying legitimate claims, they just get so many dealers putting in false ones or simply "trying it on" & the dealers don't like it when they say no.

Examples are claiming for work that did not take place, inflating the labour time, claiming for new manufacturer parts but using second hand ones.

Asking for a reduction in labour rate or a discount in parts is called "negotiating" & the main reason for late payment is down to the appalling level of administration at the dealerships.

And don't forget the level of warranty is determined by the dealer as to how much they want to pay & give to the customer NOT the warrany company

Hi Andy - I didn't mean to be offensive but when anyone mentions any form of insurance - you say it is all a rip off and tell them they should save their money etc etc.

In my view insurance is a good idea because everyone pays a little bit to cover something they hope will never happen to them.

If it does happen to them the idea is the pool will pay and they do not face an unforeseen expense.

I absolutely agree that many warranties were rubbish in the past - and there is one particular car retailer that is selling its own warranties which are still rubbish.

But Warranty Direct and Warranty Wise (and possibly others) have a credible product which does pay out on claims and get a lot of people out of a hole.

I have seven cases on my desk at the moment which would have been covered by a warranty if one had been in place -- but their vehicles are off the road because they simply cannot afford to pay the projected repair bills.

Not everyone has access to credit and an unexpected bill for £1500 or so will floor most people. Furthermore the problem is compounded because if they don't have a car it is often the case that they cannot work (and hence repay the costs for the repair).

Furthermore, given the number of potential Sale of Goods Act claims we see in the Honest John forums if I were a used car dealer or repairing vehicles I would be strongly recommending every customer of mine to take out a warranty.

Not only would they have more peace of mind, they would also have a commission on the warranty sale and a very high likelihood that the repair would come to them were there to be a claim on the warranty in future.

Edited by LucyBC on 25/09/2010 at 15:11

Ford Fiesta - Extended Warranties where from? - bathtub tom

Lucy says:

"The theory behind any insurance policy is everyone pays a bit (the many) and they pay out to the unfortunate soul (the few) who have a problem."

What she doesn't mention is everyone paying their bit are also paying for salaries, property rent for the offices, pension fund, advertising, the dreaded personnel department and dividend for shareholders.

I'm with Andy and suggest you put the equivalent premium into your own fund to cover unexpected costs.

Ford Fiesta - Extended Warranties where from? - daveyK_UK

why would you bother with a warranty for a fiesta?

get rid at 90k (general age when the turbos. etc start going wrong on the diesels).

You could put the equivalent premium for a lifetime into your "own fund" and not cover a major warranty claim.

And anyone who relies on any expectation of a used car dealer to fund repairs to a second hand car sold to them beyond six months from sale (and often within six months of sale) is an idiot.

Ford Fiesta - Extended Warranties where from? - daveyjp

It's a Fiesta, built around Ford's ethos from Model Tdays. It should be cheap to buy and cheap to fix.

Put the few hundred quid a warranty will cost you into a savings account and add a few quid every month to cover anything unexpected.

My sister's 1.4 TDCi is on about 150,000 and going strong - she's still waiting for the clutch to go!

Ford Fiesta - Extended Warranties where from? - tazmania4580
after my run in with warranty direct my money will be staying in my pocket, they paid 950.00 after hj and trading standards contacted them and i paid over 1,000 thanks wd
Ford Fiesta - Extended Warranties where from? - Dutchie

My brother who was in the insurance bussiness for years,and later in live worked for himself.Always told me take out the cheapest policys you can get away with basic cover.I have never taking out any extended warranty policys on the cars i've owned.Due to a heathy distrust of the people who run these companys.I dont want to take any sides in this healthty discussion but the saying buyer beware comes to mind.Just my opinion.

Ford Fiesta - Extended Warranties where from? - mooo

Now autoquake has gone into administration. Im might just setup a car fund for such repairs.I paid for my warranty using my credit card so I should be able to claim that back.