What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta - ford fiesta m4 knocking noise - Tara1985

Hi

last week my fiesta started pulling to the right we had a look and my drop links had basically had it, after changing these it has started knocking from the passengers side, when its just me in the car it knocks but if i have a passenger it does not. also does not knock going around corners and when i get up to 4th gear it stops then too also it still pulls to the right if anyone has any ideas what it could be i would be very grateful.

Ford Fiesta - ford fiesta m4 knocking noise - Peter.N.

Do I take it that you have changed the drop links both sides? Because that is the sort of noise they make, the only other thing I can think of are the antiroll bar bushes or a track rod ball joint.

Unless your front suspension has sustained some damage that has altered the steering geometry I would suspect the tyres first, try swapping them over and see if it pulls the other way.

Edited by Peter.N. on 06/08/2010 at 15:18

yeah i changed both sides checked tyres on wednesday they all seem fine. it started puilling suddenly was on motorway then it just suddenly started pulling.

well i have sorted the car pulling it was the tyres. but i still have this knocking noise from passengers side, my partner says its more off a clunking like a solid piece off metal hitting something but we dont know what. it only happens at low speed inbetween 10-30 mph we jacked the car up yesterday and everything looked and felt solid. so i really need help now as its doing my head in.it does notknock when you first set off its when you get to about 10mph.

Ford Fiesta - ford fiesta m4 knocking noise - Peter.N.

Its got to be something that isn't permanently under load like the drop links or anti roll bar bushes. Is it a regular or occaisional noise?

it is regular at low speeds took it on motorway and it didnt make a single noise as soon as i got back on 30 roads it started again.will check those things you mentioned. just strange how it started as soon as i changed the drop links.

could it be possible that the new drop link i put on to be no good?

Edited by Tara1985 on 09/08/2010 at 16:34

Ford Fiesta - ford fiesta m4 knocking noise - paulcheney
Hi had same problem on mine it turned out to be the wishbone have a look at the rubber mounts on the wish bone if there worn or slightly out of place iT causes it to make a knocking there only about 20 quid