What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi (110) - DPF removal of. - NDG

Does it infringe on any legal requirement if you remove the DPF?

Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi (110) - DPF removal of. - madf

How will you reprogarm the ECU?

Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi (110) - DPF removal of. - bazza

I'm not an expert but I think that, besides possible engine management problems(which may well be solvable) you will have problems at MOT time. If the engine is Euro 5 compliant, which I suspect it is because of the DPF filter, I would presume the engine will not pass a Euro 5 emissions test without the DPF. I would do plenty of homework before going down this route - personally I don't think it is worth it!

Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi (110) - DPF removal of. - dieselnut

The only diesel emissions tested at the MOT is smoke density.

The pass density is the same for all turbo diesels whether they have DPF or not.

So removing the DPF will not be a problem at MOT time as long as the engine & fuel injection do not have any problems.

But as MADF advises, you will have to prevent the ECU from trying to regenerate the non-existing DPF if you are to get any improved fuel economy.

Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi (110) - DPF removal of. - bazza

That's very interesting Dieselnut - I didn't know that. So I wonder if there's an aftermarket growing for kits to bypass or remove the DPF? Somewhere on this site I think i remember a very clued up poster building his own for a Peugeot with the additive system.

Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi (110) - DPF removal of. - Dutchie
These DPF filters are there for a reason is it not illegal to remove the filter?maybe a silly question,I believe all new diesels have to be fitted withe a DPF filter.
This company is advertising to get writ of something which affects peoples health.They are advertising on this site which i dont agree with.
Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi (110) - DPF removal of. - Avant

Thanks Dutchie - offending post hidden.

Thanks Avant having to change my e mail addres having problems.My new name will be foppo.