What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - Road Markings Wear - panflash

Here in Lincolnshire road markings are wearing out at a rapid rate. I was not aware how much I relied on them until I noticed my breaking was later at junctions where the stop line had disappeared. Where would you stand legally in an accident and are other areas of the country in the same state?

Ford Focus - Road Markings Wear - madf

Driving without due care and attention is what you will get.

Ther are normally other road signs as well..

Ford Focus - Road Markings Wear - Collos25

You want to try driving on a German autobahn at night no cats eyes and the lines I am sure are put on with emulsion paint you cannot see them in the day never mind the night.

Edited by Andy Bairsto on 02/07/2010 at 18:42

Ford Focus - Road Markings Wear - Rob C

There is a school of thought that says positive bright road markings make the driver feel much safer and road speeds increase accordingly.

Certainly the removal of all markings in those denser population, shared surface areas in Holland makes the drivers slow down, and iirc there was a village in the UK were the road markings were deliberately all wavy and broken, which had the same effect.

No money to be made in actually making drivers slow down though.

Ford Focus - Road Markings Wear - Collos25

I am often in Holland and I agree in small towns it amazes me how well the system works.The uk is a great big mess by comparison.

Ford Focus - Road Markings Wear - Rob C
"The uk is a great big mess."

Edited for truth.

Ford Focus - Road Markings Wear - Dutchie

The road tax we pay should be used for the roads,this is not the case the politicians take the micky out of us and get away with it.:)