What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Accord - 2006 Accord iCTDI acceleration problem - MrCosine

Hi, My father has a 06 Accord iCTDI, and it has an intermittent acceleration problem.

When driving normally, it's fine, but if you give it some stick and (for example) shift from 2nd to 3rd, the car starts to lurch and continues to do so unless you take your foot off the power, and gradually put it back on.

I'm immediately thought fuel filter or some sort of blockage, but the fuel filter was changed at the last service, which was a few months ago.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Honda Accord - 2006 Accord iCTDI acceleration problem - supersayan70

Hi, I have a 56 Accord iCTDI and I have a similar problem with my car. Everytime I acclerate hard my revs jump up and my car doesnt accelerate any faster and then the revs come back down to normal straight after. Also I should mention that my VSA light on dashboard has been on and this acceleration problem has started ever since. I dont know if this related to that. Did your fathers car have problem with his vsa light at the time of the acceleation problem? What is the situation regarding his acceleration problem at the moment?

Thanks

Honda Accord - 2006 Accord iCTDI acceleration problem - dieselnut

supersayan70 it sounds like your clutch is starting to fail ( slipping ).

It will gradually get worse & eventually you will have no drive at all.

Probably best if you get a few quotes for a new clutch & possibly new DMF.

If you allow the clutch to slip a lot the DMF will probably be damaged by the heat build up.