What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Skoda Octavia - No Remote Locking - SSR

Hi folks,

We have just bought three Octavia 1.9 TDI S Manual Hatchbacks.

Surprisingly none of them came with remote locking, although it wasn't something we confirmed in the specification prior to ordering.

Skoda don't list the car on their site (it's a slightly older model).

WhatCar list the remote locking as being "pack only", but don't explain what that means. h*********************/car-reviews/skoda/octavia-hatchback/1-9-tdi-pd-s-5dr/specifications/56325

I am also checking with Skoda, and waiting for a call back.

But does anyone know if this is normal for some models of Octavia? Just curious really :-)

TIA

Skoda Octavia - No Remote Locking - Auristocrat

Have looked at Broadspeed.com, and they list the 'S' spec as having central locking, and the higher spec as having remote central locking. Presumably your have central locking operated by locking the driver's door.

Skoda Octavia - No Remote Locking - SSR

Thanks for the reply. Yes, they have central locking, but via the key in the door.

Skoda Octavia - No Remote Locking - bazza

I've been looking at the S, it is fairly spartan although has the "essentials" like air con. I believe that remote locking isn't standard kit, need the Ambiente or SE for that. It wouldn't particularly bother me, after a day or two I'd be used to it.