What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
55plate Honda accord tourer 2.4 - Honda recommend engine flush? - Ben {P}

The local dealership dealership tell me that Honda recommend an engine flush on each service with this engine. This sounds like rubbish to me, can anyone confirm?

Also does anyone have the proper service schedule for this car?

It appears the dealership also use "fuel system cleaner" at each service. Hmm nice lot of paraffin to contaminate the oil.

55plate Honda accord tourer 2.4 - Honda recommend engine flush? - Collos25

Your dealer is talking rubbish just wants to charge customers lots of money for nothing like filling the washer bottle and kicking the tyres ,regular oil changes are all that is required.

55plate Honda accord tourer 2.4 - Honda recommend engine flush? - Ben {P}

That is what i thought. they also stick a bottle of "fuel system cleaner" in the petrol tank too- i'm sure that is not recommended too. I want to get hold of the official service schedule for this car- where can i get hold of it? i

55plate Honda accord tourer 2.4 - Honda recommend engine flush? - Civic8

That is what i thought. they also stick a bottle of "fuel system cleaner" in the petrol tank too- i'm sure that is not recommended too. I want to get hold of the official service schedule for this car- where can i get hold of it? i

With modern fuels as they are cleaners are not needed ,nor is engine flush, they have been known to help destroy engines

http://www.carbibles.com/engineoil_bible.html#ixzz0pR2WvRB4

55plate Honda accord tourer 2.4 - Honda recommend engine flush? - jc2

Our local Ford dealer tells customers that Ford recommend both oil & fuel treatment-FORD don't!!!

55plate Honda accord tourer 2.4 - Honda recommend engine flush? - commontata

Only just picked up this thread. Hope you haven't had the engine flush carried out. Honda (and other major manufacturers) specifically instruct their dealerships NOT to carry out engine flushing. See the notices issued to dealerships at the link below.

http://media.nbcbayarea.com/documents/Honda+Nissan+GM+Ford+Documents.pdf

55plate Honda accord tourer 2.4 - Honda recommend engine flush? - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}

My local Hyundai dealer tried it on as well. Fortis brand IIRC. ~£30 for the lot?

I declined after I recovered my composure.

55plate Honda accord tourer 2.4 - Honda recommend engine flush? - likerocks

Do you mean Forte? A quick look at their website intended for traders / garages should shed plenty of light on how this practice comes about......it's all about adding more chargeable items to the customer's bill.

Alarmingly, they also administer the good garage scheme......