Ford Fiesta - Whats this coming through the floor? - karlew

Hi all

I have recently had my brakes fixed. In the last week or so I have been having problems with the accelerator peddle. I have on a few occasions now caught the accelerator when I have pushed the brake, and it has just felt 'wrong'. I noticed today it seems to be lower to the floor than the other peddles, but still works ok, although it over revs but always has!

After I got home I looked again at the peddle and noticed that I now have what looks like a metal bar sticking horizontally out of the floor of the footwell just under the accelerator peddle. I have no idea what this is or even if it is safe to drive to a garage!

I have also noticed that when I checked coolant levels etc earlier the levels showed to be on quite a slant. I park on a slight tilt but have never in the four years I've had the car noticed it slant that much. I am wondering if the problems are related and if anyone has any idea what this metal bar is? :-(

Hope someone can help!

Karen x

Ford Fiesta - Whats this coming through the floor? - oilrag

Hi Karen, Can you take a pic of the bar and the pedal area with your phone and post a link?

Regarding the coolant - if the container is still bolted firmly in place and upright, you just need to find an totally flat place to park to check it.

I sometimes check mine in the shopping centre car park at Meadowhall, for that reason.

Regards

Edited by oilrag on 22/05/2010 at 22:53

Ford Fiesta - Whats this coming through the floor? - piston power

That bar under the pedal isn't this a bump stop to stop the pedal travel any further?

Karen if you put water in a pint glass and tilt it the water tilts too, so does the coolant in the expansion tank, stop worring and drive it.