Ferrari GTO - Evans Buys Another Ferrari - Sofa Spud

I rode in a Ferrari 250 GTO once - it was reckoned to be worth about £1 million at the time.

It was uncomfortable and very noisy - and not even a nice noise either from inside - very 'boomy' exhausts. Sounded great from outside though.

Edited by Sofa Spud on 15/05/2010 at 10:40

Ferrari GTO - Evans Buys Another Ferrari - Dwight Van Driver

>>>>>Chris Evans has bought another Ferrari.<<<<

Correction HJ. We who pay a BBC Licence fee have bought d******* a Ferrari...........

dvd

Ferrari GTO - Evans Buys Another Ferrari - smallfish

No.

His BBC presenting accounts for a very small proportion of his wealth - Chris Evans made his money through running a very successful TV/Radio production company, very astute purchases like Virgin Radio and ultimately the sale of his production company for £100's of millions.

(Plus he states that he sold several other Ferraris to free up the cash.)

Ferrari GTO - Evans Buys Another Ferrari - mike hannon
I wasn't being vindictive when I said he would burn his fingers - just predicting an overdue market correction. As for domestic property, so for exotic cars.
Anyone who can recall 20 years ago will remember what happpened last time.
A good thing too, some might say. Rocketing prices have deprived many of the pleasure of owning and driving an interesting car, and meant that present owners who aren't millionaires face steep rises in parts and maintenance costs as the industry follows the distorted market.
Ferrari GTO - Evans Buys Another Ferrari - dieseldogg

Chris Evans is NOT Jonothan Ross

I actually like Chris Evans ( an I listen to radio two)

and yes it is his OWN money he is spending

Ferrari GTO - Evans Buys Another Ferrari - craig-pd130

In a mid-90s issue of Car, there was a wonderful article by Colin Goodwin about his drive in a 250 GTO SWB that had interesting competition history -- it was raced by Graham Hill at Le Mans in the mid-60s, and by several other top names since.

Apparently the private GTO was driven from the UK to Le Mans by a mechanic, and 'prepared' for the race by chucking the mechanic's bags out of the boot and pumping the tyres up a bit :-D

Hill's team had it running in the top 10 until after 12 hours, the cooling fan (which actually needn't have been fitted at all) broke up, severing a coolant hose and seizing the engine.

The article started with the owner telling Goodwin: "Colin, please promise me one thing. Don't baby the car, it was built for competition so don't insult it's history by being soft on it."

Wouldn't that be nice, eh?

Ferrari GTO - Evans Buys Another Ferrari - mike hannon

The 250 GTO isn't a 250 GT SWB. I think you'll find it's the successor. Rob Walker's was a 250 GT. It eventually ended up in the hands of legendary Bentley Drivers' Club supremo Stanley Sedgwick. He certainly didn't 'baby' it.

Edited by mike hannon on 18/05/2010 at 12:36