What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda CR-V III - Parking sensors - Bill Black

After three 100% problem-free years, the rear parking sensors have now started playing up. The buzzer now stays on for no reason when reversing. I've checked the sensors for mud etc. , but all seems OK. The centre alarm is the only one to show on the screen. I know I can turn the whole thing off, especially with the rearview camera to help, but I like things to work on the car, however non-vital they may be. As the car's just out of guarantee - of course - I'm now facing a fairly hefty bill, although the dealer has apparently asked Honda to cover it, due to fairly low mileage and no other claims.
Otherwise I love the thing, it coped with just about everything last winter chucked at it without complaint. Just sort the inside plastics out and it's perfect.
Any comments re the sensors?
Cheers BB

Honda CR-V III - Parking sensors - eddie12

Was a high pressure wash used recently?

I've machine-washed the car since new, over and under, without any problem. But obviously it's a good point and if the problem does prove to be down to that, my case should be stronger because I asked the dealer if there were any particular weaknesses in connection with machine washing on delivery.
Thanks for the comment though.
Cheers BB

Honda CR-V III - Parking sensors - Kirkbyfox

Just noticed this thread, my 57 plate CR-V has developed the same problem - what was the outcome of your issue (In particular, hoiw much did it cost to put right) Thanks

Honda CR-V III - Parking sensors - HJDHonda

OK heres a recurring problem!

Both myself and a relative have CRV - 57 plates!, both have had the problem start within the last 3 months too!. Been to Honda , they said no problem with either vehicle! Mine still in warrenty so want it sorting PDQ.

We both have sensor that bleeps continually as soon as you put it in reverse!, the sensor on the left centre (on both vehicles) has gone white, we were both advised to pay £50 to get a guy to sand down and re-paintthe sensor! What????

Would be really interested in what advise you were given.

Hi Kirkby
Well, I can't help you very much here I'm afraid as Honda agreed to replace the faulty component(s) under the expired (by three months) guarantee. So I was happy and didn't ask any questions.
A little surprised to see that this now seems to be a known weakness with the model though, almost a year has gone by with no reoccurrence so I hope it's a permanent fix, although I'm not so sure now.
I can't see how sanding and repainting the sensors will help either.
Coincidentally, the car's in for its service today so I'll ask if they ar seeing any more cases of sensor failure and post on here if so.
BB

Honda CR-V III - Parking sensors - Mrs Jane French

I've owned my CRV for over 10 years and noticed when the paint started to peel off my parking sensors it caused the audible alarm to go off constantly. I stopped using them because of this so today whilst I was having my MOT and service at my local Honda dealer I asked them to quote for their replacement. The figure was over £130 each sensor! The garage admitted if you had a new set of sensors non Honda the set could be fitted for £299 and colour coded. I think this is a fault with them in as much as they do seem to degrade after a few years. The garage also suggested using a fine sand paper and then painting or varnishing over the sensors to keep the water out. We've decided we'll give it a go before we fork out any money.

Honda CR-V III - Parking sensors - HJDHonda

I would love to hear from you to tell me exactly what Honda said the problem was. Both myself and another relative hasve the same issue (57 plate honda's). Both vehicles problems started within the last 3 months!