What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
6'6" son size 13 boots - Wicker

My lad is 6’6”, wears size 13 shoes, is rapidly approaching his 17th birthday and is keen to start driving. Unfortunately he doesn’t fit into a Peugeot 106 (my first thought). He fits very well into a VW Fox (he can put his knees together under the steering wheel) but the Fox seem overpriced s/h. So can anyone suggest any other low insurance group cars to try him in please?

John

(p.s. he is not the biggest in his class in 6 th form!)

6'6" son size 13 boots - dumbo

I'm built along the same lines and the most spacious small car that I've ever sat in is the Mitsubishi Colt.

It's reputed to be a good car, too.

6'6" son size 13 boots - Avant

The Ford Ka has lots of headroom, although I couldn't say whether there's also room for the size 13s. Your son may of course think this too girly.

My 6'6" neighbour fits comfortably into his Ford Fusion, which has useful extra inches of headroom compared with a Fiesta.

The Colt sounds like a good idea - I had one as a courtesy car a few years ago and it was noisy but good fun to drive.

Edited by Avant on 26/03/2010 at 01:13

6'6" son size 13 boots - Bromptonaut

The fact that he's jolly tall is only half the story. SWMBO's Uncle was about same height as your son. Her late sister was about 5'7", sat at a dining table they looked each other in the eye. Only when uncle unfolded his legs and stood up did the height differnce become apparent.. Her hair brushed the headlining in a Fiesta.

In other words peoples needs vary hugely - best thing would be for him to shortlist some cars he likes and try them out. I'm afraid there are no shortcuts!!

6'6" son size 13 boots - retgwte

fiat panda

suzuki swift

6'6" son size 13 boots - Wicker

Thanks very much for the suggestions - looks like an interesting weekend trying out a few cars for size as he can't drive yet. (I will post our conclusions in case anyone else has a similar need).

John

(short list: Fox, Panda, Swift, Colt, Ka, Fusion, possibly Fiesta.)

6'6" son size 13 boots - ijws15

Try a car supermarket - they will have a bigger variety to try all on one site.

6'6" son size 13 boots - citroen calling

I work for Citroen so will declare an interest but Honest John will confirm I am 6'5" and size 13 boots and I am happy and comfortable in both a C1 and a C3 for driving.

I guess DS3 is a bit too new but I dont even require the full travel on the seat run to sit comfortably , its interior room is incredible

Good luck with your choice.

6'6" son size 13 boots - piston power

Im 6ft-4 with those size 13 shoes a small car he may fit in as a passenger but driving to the shops are fine but after driving some 40+ miles he will want some comfort and room to move forget these small girlie cars he's a big man who needs a biger car thats fact.

Astra,focus smallest vectra,mondeo is the size but it will cost but so do a nice pair of size 13 boots.!