What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus immobiliser/fuel cut off - lents
Has anyone been stranded when the immobiliser/fuel cut off has been triggered on their Focus?
Ford Focus immobiliser/fuel cut off - Blue {P}
Nope, but I'm assuming that the fuel cut off is similar to my Fiesta, which is similar to my mate's Mondeo.

If you have a bump (even minor) the car is designed to cut the fuel supply immediately, to reset it you have to press down on a switch in the passenger footwell.

Is this what you mean? The immobiliser is a totally different kettle'o'fish though...
Ford Focus immobiliser/fuel cut off - lents
Turned out to be the immobilser/key code. RAC man reckoned a shop till/alarm system had disrupted the key code. Only way to get car started was to leave the key in the ignition for 30mins for things to re-sync.

Cheers
Ford Focus immobiliser/fuel cut off - upset mondeo man
Hi there!

Think ive got a similar problem with my M reg mondeo estate had a small prang on the front left wing the other day! Whoops!
But now the car wont start, the little red light on the dash is flashing rapidly! If this fuel pump switch goes off should the starter motor still turn over or would this be a problem with my immobiliser
Ford Focus immobiliser/fuel cut off - Peter D
It will still turn over but no fuel, you will still have a spark thou if it is the fuel cut off switch that has been triggered and no spark if the immobiliser is shutting you out. Regards Peter