Goodbye Ghia! - boxsterboy
When the revised Galaxy and Mondeo come on stream in the next month or so, it will be goodbye Ghia - Ford is dropping what was once the ultimate in luxury (for a Ford).

Titanium or Titanium X is the new black, by all accounts (sadly abbreviated by Ford salesmen as Tit or Tit X).

I remember dashing Granadas, Mk1 Fiestas and Mk 4 Cortinas wearing the badge with pride back in the 1970s - the Ford price lists will seem a bit empty without them, or is it just me?
Goodbye Ghia! - Brian Tryzers
Ultimate in luxury? Or brown Dralon and wood-effect plastic? I suspect the latter is what Ford is trying to leave behind - and, to be honest, what Ghia makes me think of.

On the other hand, there was a whiff of heritage about Ghia, even if it's the kind of heritage a Silicon Valley entrepreneur gets by buying a Highland lairdship and the castle to go with it. And 'Titanium' is just inane, so on balance yes, I probably will miss Ghia.
Goodbye Ghia! - Marc
A shame indeed. Discussed at length last year :

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=72...9
Goodbye Ghia! - rtj70
When I saw the first Mondeo IV Ghia in a dealer the plastic wood was a horrible colour. When they were on sale properly they seemed to revert to a darker brown... but I'd opted for a Mazda6 by then.

In fact the Titanium hadn't come out then either and the spec on the Titanium differered to a Ghia. I went into the dealer to ask and they were clueless. They told me they already had a titanium with the X pack. They had a Titanium X of course. Clueless they were.
Goodbye Ghia! - cheddar

I fully specced Ghia is the highest spec Mondeo IV still, i.e. the Ghia is the only Mondeo IV available with full leather, I guess they will change that now.
Goodbye Ghia! - idle_chatterer
So, should the other models also be named after metals then ?

Edge = Steel
Zetec = Aluminium
Titanium = erm... Titanium

In the old days we'd have had a pig-iron with black bumpers and vinyl seats with no headrests.

The X packs then adding a bit of polish - I'll get me coat....
Goodbye Ghia! - mike hannon
Ghia RIP - at long last. A once great name (like the style or not) traduced into a piece of pathetic repmobile one-upmanship.
Goodbye Ghia! - ifithelps
Who'd have thought a trim name could produce such a negative reaction?

OK, so Ghia's rubbish, as is Titanium.

What should Ford call their most luxurious spec?

Goodbye Ghia! - Bedhead

Bring back Popular, Popular Plus, L, GL, Ghia and S!!!

I liked the smaller Ghia's, always a wee touch of luxury!
Goodbye Ghia! - freddy1
Del Trotter had a Ghia?

a lime green capri Ghia , with the plus pack ,, the fluffy dice ,,,
Goodbye Ghia! - mike hannon
>What should Ford call their most luxurious spec?<

Last time I was semi-tempted to buy a Ford it was called 'two windscreen wipers and a heater'.
;-)
Goodbye Ghia! - ifithelps
Last time I was semi-tempted to go to France it was under German occupation. :)
Goodbye Ghia! - freddy1
as the goverment brought in income tax to fight the french in 1760 , you have now contributed enough to have a weekend in france fighting,

to keep on a motoring subject , take your car with you!
Goodbye Ghia! - Berisford

(sadly abbreviated by Ford
salesmen as Tit or Tit X).

Ha, nice, calling the cars after the sales team?
Goodbye Ghia! - BobbyG
When my dad finally got his Cortina Ghia company car, it was a pure status symbol amongst the then Ls and GLs. Having said that I think there was also a GLS but the Ghia with the Ghia badges on the wings and dashboard, together with the black vinyl roof and "overriders" on the bumpers set the car apart.

I also remember a friend had a Fiesta 1.4 Ghia, think it would possibly be mark 2. Anyway this was his treat but the car often let water in at the bottom of the doors. When he took it to the dealers they advised him that the only way to solve it was to fit mudguards!!