What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
06 1.2 only one reverse light - slowdown avenue
both reverse lights went out.So i bought new switch £5 ebay. only to discover that the wire to the switch had snapped in side the connector . so i bodged a repair, but it failed 2 days later . bought a connector at scrappy £2 and joined the wires up. but now only have n/s light, tried several other bulbs but no good . i wonder what have i done wrong.
the connector has 2 small wires and seems to be common to a whole range of vauxhalls

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 09/02/2010 at 19:26

06 1.2 only one reverse light - Dynamic Dave
What model Vauxhall?
its 1.2 agila comfort 2006 manual

{edited in for you}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 09/02/2010 at 19:26

Ok, I'll have a stab in the dark (and also bump your message up at the same time)

Have you tried simulating what the reverse switch does? ie, shorting the wires together to make a connection and seeing if both reverse lights come on. If they do, then the replacement switch is faulty; if not then you need to start looking elsewhere - bulb and wire connections in the rear light clusters for example.
Hang on a moment! Looking at an 06 handbook it mentions it's only got one reverse light (passenger side) and a fog light (drivers side).

Are you sure you've seen two reverse lights working before?
es it def has 2 reverse lights, and both worked till i made afix of the wire, both reverse light switches gave 2 lights days earlier., ill have alook at the conector inside the rear cluster.