What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
08 1.6 Bad smells inside the car - what is it ? - Itchy Hives
Hi all

Just made the transition to diesel and last Sunday purchased a Focus 1.6TDCI which I am told has a DPF fitted. Very happy with purchase but if honest, slightly dissapointed with mpg - averaging 42.7 and thought it would be more.

However, my biggest worry is that on a run over to parents on Friday (about 50 miles) we started to get bad suplher type smells (like a stale flatulence or cabbage) which then dissipated. twenty minutes passed and the smell would come back. Honest, it is not me or the wife! Funny thing though it did not happen on eth way back. Could this be the cat converter or DPF purging itself or something? All help with this worry graetfully recieved.

Thanks

Itchy

Edited by Webmaster on 09/02/2010 at 00:54

08 1.6 Bad smells inside the car - what is it ? - ifithelps
Focuses can suffer with mould in the ventilation ducts.

A possibility in your case because the car may have been stood for a while before you bought it.

There's some spray you can buy to clear the smell, or it's fan on, full heat and aircon for while which can do the trick.

08 1.6 Bad smells inside the car - what is it ? - johnnyb686
Focuses can suffer with mould in the ventilation ducts. A possibility in your case because the car may have been stood for a while before you bought it. There's some spray you can buy to clear the smell, or it's fan on, full heat and aircon for while which can do the trick.

Can you give details of the 'spray stuff'. Thanks

08 1.6 Bad smells inside the car - what is it ? - Armitage Shanks {p}

Have a look at this

forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=28784