What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
05 1.6 excessive fuel consumption - jesoid
I have a Focus estate 1.6 zetec 55 plate, bought it in July last year and was happily getting 39mpg , now only getting 33.5 mpg..is this simply down to winter?I drive sensibly but only do 6 miles to work in morning and then back at night plus running around after kids.Would doing so little mileage really lose me 6mpg?.
Any help appreciated
05 1.6 excessive fuel consumption - bazza
It's about right I'm afraid, the 1.6 Focus isn't the most economical of motors. I had one which would do 40mpg absolute best, driven carefully on a run. Mid 30s running around. Don't forget it's a heavy car too.
05 1.6 excessive fuel consumption - Paul G1pdc
My sister in laws got one of those engines in her focus.
variable valve timing etc etc.
she said that ford have recently stopped making these engines.
when i was moaning about only getting 32mpg from my impreza (2litre) she replied that it was pretty good as she was only getting 36 from the focus....
the focus is used by a driver with no children and not filled with junk, ie no additional weight....
paul.
05 1.6 excessive fuel consumption - TurboD
I reckon on a reduction in winter as the mixture is richer longer and warm up is longer- even though modern cars have clever thermostats. Your journeys are not good for mpg either. Were the summer journeys on long runs? I have a 2L Mondy estate and get aeound what you get , but it can drop to 30 and below in very nasty traffic jams, but never get over 40.
05 1.6 excessive fuel consumption - jesoid
Thanks for all the help, guess I will just have to put up with it ..roll on the summer ;)