What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Car radios & sky boxes [Read only] - piston power
Just heard on the local radio in leeds ford car stereo's are been nicked for some chip inside that works in sky digital boxes to get all channels?

The radio station reporter says this won't happen and asking folk to take there fronts off the radios.

Is this happening through the country?

Edited by Pugugly on 27/01/2010 at 18:28

Car radios & sky boxes - pmh3
5 years out of date! Takes time to get up north?

www.snopes.com/crime/mootloot/radio.asp

Car radios & sky boxes - bell boy
a team got done in barnsley i think it was a year or two back they were buying all these stolen radios and reselling on an internet site
i think i bought one too even though i like to do my homework first and dont like helping crims
Car radios & sky boxes - piston power
Takes time to get up north? Lol.............

It looks like the rumour started up here well there at it again numerous cars have been broke into so if you come to this city be warned we have far too many scumbags ready to rob you.
Car radios & sky boxes - rtj70
It's a silly rumour and no foundation in fact. So thread closed. This myth crops up every now and then.

Let's face it, if you could be handed a load a "chips" what would you do with them! :-) The Sky boxes would have surface mount chips and a system board designed for a purpose. Where would these "chips" be plugged in?

Anyone believing this can be done then give me your account details for the bank and I will pass to a Nigerian.

Edited by rtj70 on 27/01/2010 at 18:28