What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Mitsubishi Galant Estate - Slender
I`m off to check out an automatic 2.0 and a 2.5 V6 Galant Estate in the next day or two. They look ideal: the size of an Omega with the reliability of a Honda and no image to speak of so minimal theft worrys!! Reasonable insurance - even for the 2.5 - and well within my £10K budget. As long as I can comfortably get my rather long legs in (having failed in Saabs, Subarus and many other vehicles) my quest could be at an end. Does anyone have any experience of these vehicles? Any tips regarding ownership or faults to look out for would be much appreciated.

Cheers.
Mitsubishi Galant Estate - PB
I have a 99T 2.5V6 Auto saloon at the moment, I've had a 98S manual as well. Front seats multi-adjustable, you should have no problem. Watch out for the £500 service at 54k & 108k. The V6 should sound 'sweet' and is the one to go for with an auto. No problems on either of mine bought at 90k miles, though the previous one had a new steering rack at 82k miles.
Mine has the leather & electric seats, very cheap extras when buying secondhand. If you are local to Windsor you are welcome to come & have a look.
PB.
Very kind of you, PB.

I`m quite a few miles north of you, but I`m looking forward to viewing a couple of Galants tomorrow afternoon.
Mitsubishi Galant Estate - PB
This is one of those lesser-known cars that can be had for very good prices at auction. Your budget would get you any one you want. Drop me an email if you want any more info.
PB.
Mitsubishi Galant Estate - volvoman
I've been thinking about replacing my 1991 Volvo 940 estate and had never considered a Gallant estate. Don't think
I've ever seen one ! I'd been considering an Omega or another, newer, 940 but have been put off the former by all the problems they seem to suffer from. Is the Gallant really as big as the Omega ?? W Itest drove a V6 Omega and it was bigger even than the Volvo ! I didn't think anything else came close but as I've said I haven't seen the Gallant. Any feedback gratefully received :-)
Mitsubishi Galant Estate - Jonathan {p}
Any idea on how many miles these will run to without serious problems?
Mitsubishi Galant Estate - Dogbreath
I test drove the Galant estate myself some time ago - I liked it but was very surprised at the road/wind noise at 50mph plus. My impression was that the car was not as cossteting as say a Volvo or Beemer. Mind you who cares if you are saving a big wedge and have superb reliability.
Mitsubishi Galant Estate - Phil G
My Grandfather has a 2.5 V6 estate which I drove. I am 6'6" and didn't find it particularly roomy, just about acceptable, unlike my Carlton.
Mitsubishi Galant Estate - Big G
Owned a 2.5 manual estate for 3 years/90,000 miles. Car was a disaster in terms of depreciation. Trade best offer £7,500. Engine superb, but car was let down by poor handling, particularly body roll and inadequate brakes in relation to performance. Make sure you look for cars with larger disc and calipers which were on post 97 R cars. Mine needed new discs at every service as they would warp. Some trim somewhat flimsy and liable to break/fall off. With regard to seating, I am 6'3 and had no problems in terms of getting/staying comfortable.

Regards,
Sadly, my very long legs will not fit comfortably into a Galant. A real shame as the two I looked at were both beautiful motors with a real discrete but tasteful look about them. Whilst I`m not excessively tall (6` 4") my very long inside leg allied to a dodgy right knee is making car selection very awkward. My Octavia has stacks and stacks of front knee room but the drivers seat (as well as being incredibly uncomfortable) puts my knee into an uncomfortable angle for long trips. So, Lexus GS 300 is back at the head of my list. If it only it had split/fold rear seats!!