03 2.0 Hdi 90 juddering when cold!! - sniff-1
Hi all new to HJ!

My 53 reg hdi 307 judders/chugs when cold, it seems to do it after a few mins driving and coming to a stop at a junction, when the engines warm it's fine, no loss in power no warning light, starts reasonably fine on a cold morning, changed an engine mount that had excesive play still no result the glow plugs are quite new only about 8-9 months old, trauled the forums and I'm thinking maybe the glow plug relay, or coolant temp sensor.

Can anyone shed any light on this annoying problem?

Cheers!

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 25/01/2010 at 10:21

03 2.0 Hdi 90 juddering when cold!! - Wodjar

Hello.

I recently bought a 307 SW auto and it had exactly the same faults as you described. Fortunately we noticed the problem before we bought the car. On collecting the car we were told that the fault had been rectified but unfortunately it hadn't. The car was returned to the garge and the fault has been rectified by changing the exhaust manifold and gasket. I have no idea what could be wrong with the manifold to cause the problem. I can only assume that the gasket and manifold were leaking in air, when cold. When the engine warmed up the air leak dissapeared.

Good luck!

ps if you ever need new front brake discs & pads... I just got some on Ebay for £41 delivered!