01 1.3 Clunking sound from front n/s wheel - kinimod2000
Hi
my fiestas been making a clunking sound, everytime the passenger front wheel drives over something eg speed bump, pot hole.

The problem is that the weight/bolt (under the bonnet) is not tight enough and theres a gap!

I havent a clue whats it called please help!

{header given a less vague title

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 24/01/2010 at 17:27

01 1.3 Explanation needed! - Tommk4
You can call it "The nut you really need to tighten."
01 1.3 Explanation needed! - kinimod2000
Thanks for that lol ive tried tighting it but it just goes round and round, (doesnt get any tighter) its been doing it since quik fit replaced my shocks
Sorry about that, i couldn't resist....Seriously though, it sounds like sometething is missing, it couold even be quite dagerous so take it back to kwikfit asap and kick up a fuss, obviously they have done something wrong.

Excuse the numerous typo's.
01 1.3 Explanation needed! - Robin the Technician
If Quik Fit replaced your shocks within the last 12 months then take it back to them!!! It's under warranty. If not, then it needs looking at asap.

Robin the Technician

Edited by Robin the Technician on 24/01/2010 at 16:10

01 1.3 Explanation needed! - richbev
the nut that wont tighten sound very much like the strut top mounting. no matter how tight this is it will spin round as it is bolted to the shock absorber shaft through the strut top mount. it is possible that something is loose as a result of kwik fit doing the work but i would think its more likely to be a suspension link arm.its a very comman fault on these cars. dont fall for there patter when you go in there and dont play hell about the loose nut as its how its supposed to be. they will probably try and sell you something else. its how they work. just explain its doing it since they did the work.
01 1.3 Explanation needed! - bell boy
fiestas on this year do have a big lump of metal on the strut top and it is indeed supposed to be well clear of the body so quite possibly everything is in order here but the top rubber mounts can wear and cause a knock,you need to remove the strut to check this.
A knocking noise is usually either a drop link from the strut to antiroll bar or even more commonly the d shaped rubber bush on the antiroll bar to subframe (i devised a dastardly way of doing these in 15 minutes) but it involves being nasty to the bush holder so cant recommend it on an open forumk