What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
07 1.4 Car pulling to the left. - seasiders rock
Any body got any ideas on this.
Pulling badly to the left, straight road at 30 mph take hands of wheel and it heads for the kerb. At 70 mph it,s bad and constantly correcting on steering.
Car has been into local Fiat dealer who acknowledge it,s pulling to the left but cant see anything wrong.
I had the tracking done by local Align my car, wheels are balanced correctly and tyre pressures are correct.
Where do i go from here.

Edited by seasiders rock on 23/01/2010 at 20:27

07 1.4 Car pulling to the left. - sandy56
ideas that come to mind
faulty tyre, try swopping them round see what happens.

under inflated tyre, check them ALL?
hit a pothole and damaged the chassis or steering rack?
or

localized magnetic anomaly
warp in local time/space continuum

07 1.4 Car pulling to the left. - Peter.N.
I would also suggest swapping the front wheels round. Tracking wont make it pull to one side, just wear the tyres out, wrong camber angle will though, has the suspension sustained any damage recently?
Tyres on front are brand new, fiitted by the same guys who did the tracking. The local Fiat dealer has had the car in, if there was any damage to suspension or wheels they should have found it . Hopefully.
Just purchased a new set of alloys which are being fitted next week, will swap fronts to back and see what happens.
Have to say it,s driving me up the wall, or is that the nearest wall ! On the motorway the other night at 70 mph i dropped back to 55/60 as it just did not feel right.
Definitly sounds as though you have an alignment problem, they all tend to wander to the n/s but if yours is really pulling there must be a problem. Has it done it since you had it or just started?
Car was bought new in August 07, it only started last year, and has got worse.
07 1.4 Car pulling to the left. - bell boy
maybe its pining for the fiords of Tychy
are there fiords there?
07 1.4 Car pulling to the left. - bathtub tom
Swap front wheels over. What happens?
it goes back to the future?
Did it start suddenly, gradually or after an 'event'?
07 1.4 Car pulling to the left. - WorkshopTech
Do you have alignment print out? Could you post it here (I assume it was full 3D optical alignment).
Also these cars have electric power steering, it could be a problem with the PS system trying to turn the car. These are not the worlds best EPAS systems and we have seen faults with them that could give your symptoms. Dealer could disconnect EPAS and then see how it drivess.
every car ive had that does that WT pulls the wheel usually to the left as you start it
maybe the poster can check this on startup?
corsa's are the main culprits followed by siecento fiats
is this what you mean?
is it digital on the panda or an old fashioned volume control pot on the steering downshaft do you know?
questions...............questions.............. :-#)