00 2.0 ABS light on but sensors new - Tommk4
Hi there, the ABS light came on the dash, the diagnostic said there was a problem with the sensor on the rear n/s wheel. So I changed the sensor, I also changed the one on the other side whilst I was at it. I then re-set the ecu but the light still stays on!.....Im totally stumped, and a bit annoyed, Any ideas?
Oh I should add that the ABS itself seems to actually be working, when I slam the brakes on the wheels don't seem to lock, which makes it even more frustrating.
00 2.0 ABS light on but sensors new - tony@tooting
Tom,
Do you have the code(s)?
Did you clear the codes after the replacement of the sensors?
If so, has the same code as last time returned?
If the code is cleared, will the light then stay out after its self test and then come on when the car is driven?

00 2.0 ABS light on but sensors new - bell boy
are you sure the problem isnt the pickup cog rather than the senser?
dirt perhaps?

Edited by bell boy on 21/01/2010 at 21:37

00 2.0 ABS light on but sensors new - WorkshopTech
Water in loom running to sensor perhaps? Quite common.
Tom
Do you have the code(s)?
Did you clear the codes after the replacement of the sensors?
If so has the same code as last time returned?
If the code is cleared will the light then stay out after its self test
and then come on when the car is driven?

I did not clear the codes....I read elsewhere that simply un-plugging the battery for an hour or so will clear the codes, is this not correct?
I did not clear the codes....I read elsewhere that simply un-plugging the battery for an hour or so will clear the codes, is this not correct?

Is there something i can do, like a sequence or something to clear the codes myself?
00 2.0 ABS light on but sensors new - tony@tooting
The codes will not always clear by disconnecting the battery, and sometime will cause more to flag as the ECU's will see a loss of power. Best to get them cleared, then drive the car, then check to see what codes return. There is no way you can manually clear the codes without a diagnostic tool. (And dont be tempted with the online Ebay tools, they often only read ECU codes.)
00 2.0 ABS light on but sensors new - Roly93
Sorry to bring this up, but has anyone considered that the ABS light and even possibly the error code(s) may be caused by the old corrosion on the instrument PCB contacts problem. I had an intermittant ABS light and I cleaned the PCB solder joints with contact cleaner and its was totally fixed. My ABS seemed to work perfectly throughout this problem.

Just a thought.....