What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
05 2.2 Heated screens and seats - Heyes1
I am looking to buy a 55 plate ST TDCI Mondeo. Had one before until someone wrote it off from behind.

However when I test drove this next one I noticed the front and rear heated window button lights came on when I turned the engine on. I have been told by the seller that this is suppossed to happen as automatically linked to the temperature. My old 54 plate ST did not do this (admittedly it is very cold at the mo)...

Is this right?

Also - any ideas why the heated seats wouldn't be working... what needs checking?
05 2.2 Heated screens and seats - elekie&a/c doctor
I run an 06 Mondeo ghia .All the heated window front/rear and seats functions are driver selectable and do not come on automatically with ignition,even when the outside air temp is -5c.Check fuses first.hth
05 2.2 Heated screens and seats - Peter
I run a 54 reg 2.0 Mondeo TDCi and both front and rear screen button lights come on automatically if the OAT is below +4 degrees. They can always be selected OFF by the driver.
Great - Thanks .. puts my mind at rest buying it.
Any thoughts on the Heated seats not working. If this is not just a fuse/loose cable, any idea on cost to repair -- I have been given a guesstimate from Ford of £250 (they haven't seen the car though)
05 2.2 Heated screens and seats - sandy56
It could just be the fuses- check the handbook.
I am no expert and if it is faulty you could always buy one of ebay.