What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Do 4x4s Alter Cognitive Behaviour ? - Roly93
I have to say that we had some pretty freezing and snowy conditions last night causing some very dangerous driving conditions on non-major roads.

However first thing this morning a saw, in just a couple of miles, 4 or 5 drivers in 4x4's (mixture of Discoveries, Audi Q7 and BMW X5), driving as if it was 25 degrees and hadn't even rained for weeks !

No I dont care a bit if they wrap themselves around a lamp post, but its a different story if they take someone out with their huge hunk of metal by driving like this.

Even with 4WD, there is no way on standard tyres that it can have been kosher driving according to the conditions, so I must conclude that their thought processes had been altered in some way by the vehicles they were driving ?

Do 4x4s Alter Cognitive Behaviour ? - JH
is it perhaps a manifestation of the "I'm wearing a seatbelt so I'm safe so I'll drive faster" syndrome?

Remember what happened to all of those early Audi Quattros, and presumably their drivers. Pity about the poor devil coming the other way, as you say.

JH

Edited by JH on 18/12/2009 at 16:42

Do 4x4s Alter Cognitive Behaviour ? - Pugugly
Sadly most 4x4 drivers have no experience of driving in anything other than good road conditions. Some arrogant ones around here when the floods come flooding other people's property with their silly driving. Some come to a sticky end - part of the learning curve.
Do 4x4s Alter Cognitive Behaviour ? - Old Navy
The most common "ditched" vehicle in the Scottish highlands?

An "out of area" skiers 4x4.