01 320 Light adjustment for French registration - SandyP
I now live in France and need to re-register my RHD S class and have it comply to French specification. There is no information to show that the existing lights can be adjusted so I have been quoted £540 for new lights or £106 for new lenses but MB Technical Department, UK, will not commit that just changing the lenses would be sufficient.
Anyone have information on any of this query
01 320 Light adjustment for French registration - Peter D
forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/
May help. Regards Peter
01 320 Light adjustment for French registration - Armitage Shanks {p}
I used to buy RHS Mercs in Germany, supplied with Light for the continent and had to replace the whole light unit when coming back to UK. There were pattern light avaialbe from suppliers of pattern parts. The situation may be different now with the newer light units. Mine was the old E class (W 124?)
01 320 Light adjustment for French registration - elekie&a/c doctor
I would guess your car is fitted with std halogen projector type headlights rather than xenons.The front plastic lens is only a protectve cover and does not change the light beam.Your best option is either s/hand r/dip headlight units or as a last resort,new.hth
01 320 Light adjustment for French registration - SandyP
Many thanks for the responses, you have all confirmed that changing to new is the way to go, thanks again