Tesla - any opnions ? - stevied
Not been on for a while, since my lorry rant, but on a less ranty and more car-based question: what do the Backroomers think of Tesla, if anything? I believe the Roadster is now on sale in the UK, and the Model S is coming I think in 2012.

Just been having a look at the Model S on the website and it looks good... few details though. A friend of mine in that London tells me there was a prototype on display in the showroom, anyone see it?

Edited by Pugugly on 18/11/2009 at 18:05

Tesla - any opnions ? - FotheringtonThomas
It should be pretty good. I wonder when HJ will be able to drive one.
Tesla - any opnions ? - Aretas
Purely because of the characteristics of electric motors any properly designed electric car will accelerate like stink. I am sure this is a fabulous car to drive. Just don't get too far from a 13A socket.
Tesla - any opnions ? - rtj70
Purely because of the characteristics of electric motors any properly designed electric car
will accelerate like stink

Not the G-Wiz then ;-)
Tesla - any opnions ? - macavity
Tesla a remarkable man: teslamania.delete.org/frames/tesla2.html
Tesla - any opnions ? - stevied
He is, or rather was, I assume that's why they named the car company after him.
Tesla - any opnions ? - stunorthants26
Its a step in the right direction. Id like to see more practical applications and for the price to come down to 'normal' levels ( or reasonable lease costs ), but if they can do that and provide both a 200 mile range atleast plus a 10 minute method of getting a decent amount of power, Im willing to give it a try.
Petrolhead I am and Im a climate-change skeptic, however I do think cleaner, alternative fuel personal transport is a must for the long term, regardless of why you think its needed.