What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
99 1.25 - Can I fit NGK Platinum Sparkplugs? - PaulFiesta
Hi Folks

My Fiesta sometimes has trouble starting and I'm going to replace my HT leads because I still have the originals (10yrs 95,000miles). It will need new plugs as well.

The recommended plugs are NGK TR5A-10, but I noticed that NGK do a Platinum version part no. PTR5A-10, which only cost a few pounds more.

Will the platinum plugs be compatible with the 1.25 Zetec engine and if so does anyone believe they will offer any benefits?
99 1.25 - Can I fit NGK Platinum Sparkplugs? - jc2
Yes/No.
99 1.25 - Can I fit NGK Platinum Sparkplugs? - PaulFiesta
Thanks for replying

I hope the new HT leads will improve the occaisonal reluctance to start, I understand zetec engines have a reputation for being hard on leads.
99 1.25 - Can I fit NGK Platinum Sparkplugs? - bell boy
these engines do kick out some heat so leads might not last as long but old manky plugs are more likely to blow the coil which blows the ecu which blows the bank balance
really cant see the point of putting super duper expensive plugs in a shopping trolley though?
consider your excess cash flow to be better spent in the blind box in the coop :-)