What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
56 reg 1.4 Any Good/other - Dobiesmon
Hi all
Not been on for a while but am just about to buy a Fiesta Zetec Climate 3 dr 1.4 cc 56 plate from a main ford dealer my question is I am looking for a small car cheap on running costs and rd tax , there price is £6,499 one owner and 25,000 miles on the clock. , I have saved 2,000 as the deposit and to keep my payments down to £112 a month , it only comes with 3 months warranty , to buy a warranty it for a year its another £350 but starts now not at the end of the 3 months ,
would it be worth it or are they no good.
could sombody answer asap please.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 21/10/2009 at 11:25

56 reg 1.4 Any Good/other - bell boy
You dont give a year so it could be a 2006 registered 56 plate which makes it full retail with 2 free baloons
3 months warranty only is a joke
look elsewhere
56 reg 1.4 Any Good/other - maz64
IIRC the 1.4 isn't that economical (or quick) - what sort of mileage will you be doing? Is insurance going to be expensive for you?

A brand new Fiat Panda with 3 year warranty can be bought for £6.6k, and they're supposed to be good little cars, or is that too basic for you?
56 reg 1.4 Any Good/other - daveyjp
You have a budget of £8,500. A search on drivethedeal gives a list of all the new cars available for your budget - believe it or not it's almost 50.

Why bother with a three year old Fiesta with a limited warranty?

Reading the post above - if you want more than basic and a bit of poke the Panda 100hp is £8,600.

Edited by daveyjp on 21/10/2009 at 12:32

56 reg 1.4 Any Good/other - Rattle
These Ford dealers really make me sick. I saw this kind of thing when I was looking too. I agree with others with your budget just buy a brand new car. You will get three years warranty and you know the history of it. Small cars keep their value well too so you won't loose too much when you come to sell it.

Now go back to dealer and insert a very large garden gnome in them :).
56 reg 1.4 Any Good/other - daveyjp
And I've just realised I've double counted the deposit! £6,500 should get you something newer.

13 new options on drive the deal, including a VW Fox.

Edited by daveyjp on 21/10/2009 at 13:04

56 reg 1.4 Any Good/other - oldtoffee
Car Giant will do you a 1.4 Ghia for £1k less (10k miles more but that's nowt really) or one with 10k less miles for a few hundred less but IMO the best advice has already been given, walk away and check out deals on new small cars. Fiat Panda, Toyota Aygo (or Citroen Peugeot equivalents) - not as fast but great value cars, cheaper to run and tax and 3 years peace of mind motoring for less than £1k more.which you'll get most of back on resale?