What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
04 1300 heater problem - dam that ford
Heat was stuck in hot so changed the heater valve under the bonnet, now stuck in cold. Have replaced control panel and completely flushed the cooling system no joy. have also tested power to heater valve and steady 12volts. Valve opens to cold but will not switch to hot, have tried two different valves any ideas?

Car runs fine with no over heating to engine etc.
04 1300 heater problem - Rattle
What is the code on the valve? There is a lot of faulty ones out there, where did you buy them from?

Also again with the control panel are you sure its working? There are so many faulty ones of these on the used market.
04 1300 heater problem - elekie&a/c doctor
The heater valves on these are normally open.So with the 2-pin plug disconnected there should be max water flow and max heat.With the plug connected,there is 12v applied to 1 pin and the earth return path is cycle switched via the heater panel.The valve only needs to work to give you cold air.I would suspect you have an air lock in the cooling system.hth
04 1300 heater problem - dam that ford
And how would one fix this. I have drained the system completely and still now joy?

I have also connected the valve up without water flow and turned the controls and no movement in the valve so dont think its that simple, but happy to be proved wrong
04 1300 heater problem - andy@ford
also had few ka suffer with the heater control panel failing to test this get a multimeter and conect it to the twopin multiplug at the heater valve cheecking the voltage it should change as u turn the heater control. do this with the engine runing for best results. it will prob be 13 volts on hot and about 7volts on cold. in the middle of to control u will find the voltage will fluctuate fro 13-7 volts. if it doesnt change at any point then i would suspect the control panel is at fault. but do double check the valve