What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
05 2.0 Noise When Driving - NigelHT
rubbing / grinding noise from the front end possible the engine when driving, appear to be no issues with power, brake pads were changed approx 4k ago and new front tyres approx 2k ago.
Noise appears worse at lower speeds and when engine cool
05 2.0 Noise When Driving - davecuk
You don't state the mileage of the vehicle.

Find a car park and run the car at about 5 mph in a circle (full lock), both left and right and do the same thing in reverse. Great test for the CV joints, report back any sounds.
05 2.0 Noise When Driving - NigelHT
Thanks for the message davecuk

Mileage 43k, will check and let you know.

Noise only seams to have appeared since the fitting of the new brake pads(all) and rear discs and new front tyres.

Do you think the pads may be sticking / rubbing or a combination of brakes and tyres (have Yokohama's on the front)

Cheers
05 2.0 Noise When Driving - Peter.N.
Does the noise seem to be at road speed or engine speed?
05 2.0 Noise When Driving - davecuk
Based on your mileage seems to low to be a wheel bearing, so many miles since brakes unlikely to be brakes binding (unless it was like that on day 1 since the brake change)....even too low to for the CV joint to be a likely bet? unless you have a split rubber boot or something?

To check for brakes binding, I guess you could jack it up and spin the front wheels to see if one feels like it's binding, bit difficult with a FWD I know.

Will be interested to see what it is..?

P.S. Bit surprised it needed "rear" discs?

Edited by davecuk on 07/09/2009 at 21:05

05 2.0 Noise When Driving - spikeyhead {p}
I'll take a guess that when they changed the rear discs tbey used a bit too much off the wrong sort of force to remove them and knackered a wheel bearing.