What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Should i go with a dealer service or indie? - Honda Buyer
Hi all,
I've got a new Honda CRV that is coming up to its first service (12k miles) and I was wondering what people's opinions are on servicing?

Is it worth going to an official Honda dealer and get the book stamped any what have you, or should i go with an independent?

any thoughts???
Should i go with a dealer service or indie? - maz64
How do the prices compare?
Should i go with a dealer service or indie? - Pugugly
Is the cost differential worth the hassle if something goes wrong.
Should i go with a dealer service or indie? - Bill Payer
There's a fair bit to go wrong with those cars and Honda are pretty good with goodwill when out of warranty too, so I would very much err towards the dealer.
Do play a couple (or more) off against each other though to get the best price - ours knocked 20% off the price to service our Jazz last year. It was still on the dear side but then they mentioned that having the pukka Honda service gives a years Honda recovery (which you get for 3yrs anyway) so it was well worth it to get that free.
Should i go with a dealer service or indie? - CGNorwich
So you paid 20 grand or so for a car which will have lost 5 grand or so in depreciation in the past year and you are worrying about saving a few pound on a service, doesn't make any financial sense. Get it serviced at Honda dealer
Should i go with a dealer service or indie? - Lygonos
^ What he said.
Should i go with a dealer service or indie? - Manatee
you are worrying about saving
a few pound on a service doesn't make any financial sense. Get it serviced at
Honda dealer

You are assuming it's just about saving money. Maybe the OP, like me, prefers to know the routine servicing is done properly?