What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
00 2.5 LPG Iridium Spark Plugs - Blue {P}
Hi all,

I need urgent advice if anyone can help, I'm looking at fitting Denso Iridium plugs to my Mondeo V6 but can't decide between the two types, Iridium Power and Iridium Tough.

Is anyone familiar with these and able to give me a clue as to longevity and performance of each type?
00 2.5 LPG Iridium Spark Plugs - sandy56
using LPG and fuel I would go for standard fit plugs, as used by FORD. There has been a lot of info about plugs on the Mondeo web site and the general consensus is for standard cars use standard plugs.
00 2.5 LPG Iridium Spark Plugs - jc2
Modern Ford plugs are Platinum plated anyway.
00 2.5 LPG Iridium Spark Plugs - Blue {P}
Well any consensus that says LPG goes well with Platinum plugs is very much mis-guided, I have burned out two sets of Platinum plugs on my Mondeo since fitting LPG (less than 20K). Unfortunately, Platinum simply isn't compatible with the fuel. I'm by far and away not the only one to find this on the LPG forums where most people recommend Iridiums.

I've ordered the Iridium Power plugs this afternoon from Opie Oils, they were actually surprisingly hard to get hold of but Opie reckon they will be with me tomorrow so keeping my fingers crossed!

I know that when I get the car back it should be like I've got an Exocet stuffed up the exhaust as it always is, what I'm really hoping is that this effect doesn't tail off over 10K like it does with the Platinums which seem to be past their best after about 5K and are noticeably pants by 10K!