What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Cruise Control - Richard Ekers
Is it possib;e to get cruise control fitted to a Saab 9000?
Re: Cruise Control - Andrew Bairsto
Is it automatic or manual if it is manual forget it .If auto there are aftermarket kits available
Re: Cruise Control - Roger Jones
Interesting comment, Andrew. Why? I lived happily with cruise control on my old manual Audi 100 and am about to get it installed on my Golf VR6, opting for the same VDO system that I have on my automatic other car. As I've suggested before, it's not only the fuel economy and reduction of stress that it delivers but also the ability to set it to the increasing number of increasingly onerous speed limits.
Re: Cruise Control - Richard Ekers
The latter is the main reason that I want one. The ideal would be an automatic system whereby the local speed limits are electronically signalled to the car's computer which then resets the cruise control accordingly. But I imagine that won't happen for a while. Where do I get a system such as VDO installed?
Re: Cruise Control -- VDO - Roger Jones
Start at www.vdo.com/, where there may be a list of dealers/fitters.
Re: Cruise Control - Andrew Bairsto
My comments about manual and auto are if you live in a flat area it is not so bad but a hilly area makes it almost impossible to use .My chevrolet cruise control will keep a constant speed no matter what the terrain and also has speed alarms and memory function that to me is cruise control
Re: Cruise Control - Roger Jones
Fair comment, Andrew. I reckon engine size/power/torque is the key factor: the less capable engine will struggle to maintain speed up slope.
Re: Cruise Control - honest john
Easycruise, Hoo Farm Industial Estate, Southampton and Vehvac of Edenbridge, Kent, both offer aftermarket cruise control. But remember, if you set the cruise at 70mph then fall asleep on the motorway your car won't lose momentum and 70mph will be the speed at which you hit the Armco.

HJ