97 2.0 coolant leak - mojacarkev
hi new here, just noticed a coolant leak , puddle under car after doing a 60 mile run, and another running drizzle from under car after 60 mile return journey, the temp guage hasnt been above mid way, no rough idel or running as yet, it did seem a little under powered after about 90 miles struggled a little up hill at 60mph it a zetec engine, auto gearbox cant see where leaking from but seems to be from rear of engine bay, havnt been able to get under it yet co i got a dodgy neck and cant move too well, any ideas?
97 2.0 coolant leak - Dynamic Dave
Has the car got air con, and were you using the AC during the journey?
97 2.0 coolant leak - Wurzel83
Assuming you havent got aircon, have you been needing to top up the coolant?
What is the milage? - The higher the milage the higher the chances of water pump faliur.
high milage around 165000 still going strong...well sort of ,...lol
has got air con but was not using it at time and not had to top up water at all only problem it had during last 12 months is power steering pipe leak that was fixed, is there any coolant pipe work at the rear of the engine bay cos that seems to be where coolant coming from ...wish we still had the old mk 1 corsairs simple to work on type cars lol
97 2.0 coolant leak - Galaxy
Have a look at this link, which also includes several photographs. A very common failure on a Mk2 Mondeo!

www.fordmondeo.org/forum/showtopic.php?tid/810513/

If it is this pipe then they cost around £30 from Fords, apparently. People have also repaired them by splicing-in rubber water hose which would be cheaper.

cheers will have a look at that, i managed to have a quick look today theree is a 50mm drop of coolant in the filler tank no water in the oil but seems to have no pressure at the filler cap even after running it up to temperature and funny enough i couldnt see any leakage , if there is a leaky pipe or something like that would that be the cause of system not pressurizing? just a guess, and hoping for a cheap fix !!!