09 1.2 Type of Coolant for i10? - i10
Hi Everyone

I just got my I10 last week and I did spot that the coolant level is not full. I would like to buy the coolant to fill it up, but when i browse on the web I can see there are different types of coolant (i.e. some with anti-freeze) .....

which one should I go for? would mixing different type of coolant be any problem?

I saw on the website someone mention that different types of car should use different coolant, could anyone recommend which coolant I should go for?

And if I filling my coolant, do I need to clear the old coolant first?

(I want to keep the car in the best condition so please any car expert give me some good advice!)
09 1.2 Type of Coolant for i10? - quizman
Look in the hand book, that should be in the glove box and only use the antifreeze that is recommended for your car.

Mixing different types of antifreeze can cause major problems. You should take your car back to the dealer and get them to fill the radiator.
09 1.2 Type of Coolant for i10? - Armitage Shanks {p}
If the level is low, in a one week old car, either there is a leak, get it fixed under warranty or the 150 point PDI check wasn't done properly and let the supplying garage top it up AND take responsibility for doing it with correct liquid.
09 1.2 Type of Coolant for i10? - bathtub tom
>>the coolant level is not full

Is it between the specified maximum and minimum marks? If so, then it's perfectly correct.

Did you check it when cold? You may well find it reaches the maximum mark when hot and filling it further may result in excess coolant being ejected.

09 1.2 Type of Coolant for i10? - rip
go to the i10 car by car breakdown reviews- at the end it tells you about the coolant problem. then ring the garage tell them to fill it.
Quote "Every i10 and i20 comes with a low coolant level from the factory. Maybe its slightly underfilled in production and may also settle in transit, but make sure its topped up when you take delivery and check it monthly as if it gets too low the engine might overheat. The coolant expansion tank is at the back left side of the engine bay, screw cap marked 'Engine coolant'. Ensure it is topped up to the 'F' full mark."

09 1.2 Type of Coolant for i10? - i10
thx guy

i have look into my handbook and found out which coolent I would need to get

but i am a bit confuse about the it

the handbook mentioned to mix distill water with the coolant......

so do i just put the coolant? or should it mixed it up?
You have bought a new car, it has been delivered/supplied not quite quite right, and the handbook doesn't tell you how to fix it. Unless the dealer is a very long way away take it back to him and get him to fix it for free. If he is a long way away get on the phone and ask what you should do.