second car insurance - JOHN 2002
Been a bit rash and bought an old volvo estate to assist with doing up the house. Trouble is that it seems I have to start insuring it as if I have zero no claims, which puts the premium at about the price of the car!
I have max no claims on my other car and will be the only driver on both, so only one can be driven at a time.
Surely some enterprising insurer offers a reasonable deal for such a situation.
Most grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction.
second car insurance - volvoman

John - I was in the same situation when buying my Volvo co-incidentally but More Th>n gave me a sizeable discount on the second car's insurance and I can't believe they're the only company out there who will do that so ing around a bit more.
Still not cheap I'll grant you but better than paying top whack.
second car insurance - volvoman
Sorry, that should read 'so ring around ....'
second car insurance - Crombster
Try AXA Direct and explain that its a second car. They should match your existing no claims provided your over 25. I think a few companies offer similar schemes.
second car insurance - Fullchat
I can vouch for that. Only last week insured a second car with Axa on a fresh policy and utilised my full no claims.
Well you can only drive one at once cant you?

Andrew
second car insurance - MarkyMarkD
The "well you can only drive one at once" argument doesn't hold a lot of water really. Most people have more than one driver insured. Most people are part of couples rather than singles. So most people could drive both of their two cars at once (or to be more precise, one could drive each). Hence why most insurers don't let you share no claims bonuses.
second car insurance - PB
Hopefully some insurance company will market a couples policy. My wife and I are named drivers on each other's policy, with two cars it's pretty obvious that we can only drive one of the two *between* us very often. Personally I'd be happy to pay the same premium and get a third car insured third party for 'free'.