car that got under your skin - El Hacko
nice story on today's Telegraph website about a man who found found piece of Ford Cortina windscreen embedded in his chin 30 years after the accident that put it there. He'd always thought the small lump on his chin was a harmless cyst, but was amazed when a shard of glass popped out when he cut himself shaving. Anyone beat that?

car that got under your skin - Lud
Aged eight, at boarding school during the bow-and-arrow/throwing knife stage of development, got a small bit of wood in the corner of my eye. Must have gone up the tear duct, because after being quite uncomfortable for a couple of days it fell out onto my work during a maths lesson.

I can still blow through my tear ducts at age 70. But not very hard.
car that got under your skin - madux
Aged about 6, stabbed in the wrist with a sharp pencil playing burst the balloon.
Twenty years later it somehow got infected and the pencil lead was removed after a local anaesthetic.
Vehicular Shrapnel - Jonathan {p}
tinyurl.com/lnp3be

Moved from a standalone post - useful as it has the link to the article

Edited by Pugugly on 07/07/2009 at 20:57

car that got under your skin - Martin Devon
I can still blow through my tear ducts at age 70. *But not very hard.

Hi Lud. I so love your posts and your wit and indeed I would love to meet you. That's Two Love's don't you know?

BUT......................I cannot believe that you would admit to the second fact above*

Ok Ok I'm going.....I'll buy the beer............Martin D
car that got under your skin - datostar
There is a small piece of very hard carbon under the skin of the third finger of my left hand with a visible black mark. This came from the rusted exhaust tailpipe of an Austin A60 Cambridge almost 40 years ago. The second finger of my left hand has a 'flat' between the 1st and 2nd knuckles caused by the collapse of a hired engine crane lifting out the enormous heavy lump otherwise known as the engine and transmission of an Austin 1800 in the early 70's. As the great Issigonis himself said - although his own favourite design, ease of maintenance was not a factor in his thinking with that model. The cursing of exhaust fitters when they needed a new front pipe was a joy to hear. They had the bandages ready in advance. Willing BMC victim with the scars to prove it! 8 years of Maxi ownership, including 3 replaced clutch plates (always just the plate. They never wore out, just oiled up and slipped) never left a mark, so things were obviously improving as the years went on.