04 1.6 TDCI Best way to prime diesel - sunbeamer
Can anyone shed light on the best way to prime the diesel on a C-Max? I can't see any hand primer in the fuel lines.
Originally it had a leaking injector so replaced the injector seal.
So far I have tried cracking the injectors but only getting a dribble at best. I have filled the filter to the brim and then cracked injectors again, but nothing. Tried a squirt of starting spray, it runs while the spray lasts then stops. Am I right in thinking that these are not self priming? Will I have to fit a bulb primer in the return line and suck it through? Useful suggestion gratefully recieved.
04 1.6 TDCI Best way to prime diesel - jc26
Hi. This should be the Peugeot 1.6HDI diesel, if it's the same setup as the Peugeots and Citroens there should be a black plunger in between injectors 2 and 3 on the cylinder head that you push until you feel resistance, then hold the throttle down at 3/4 travel and start the engine until it runs. (If the glowplug preheat light comes on, let it go out before starting)

A slight amount of revs will bleed the rest of the system until it idles smoothly.

We had the Fiesta Zetec S with the 1.6 diesel, it was a fantastic little motor!

Hope this helps, let me know how you get on.

Regards
J
J
I wish there was such a plunger on the C-Max. I have looked in vain for one, I had to remove no.2 injector to change the seal, so if it was between 2 and 3 I think I would have spotted it. I will double check in the morning.
Thanks for the suggestion.
There is a fuel pipe above no. 2 and 3 injectors. It is a "u" shape so it doubles back on its self with a union in the middle but no sign of a primer.

The feed and return fuel lines have unions on the engine marked green and white, anyone know which is which, in case I need to attach a hand primer to suck from the return?
04 1.6 TDCI Best way to prime diesel - tony latham
There is a fuel pipe above no. 2 and 3 injectors. It is a "u" shape so it doubles back on its self with a union in the middle but no sign of a primer. The feed and return fuel lines have unions on the engine marked green and white, anyone know which is which, in case I need to attach a hand primer to suck from the return?

I had the same problem after running out of fuel , I used a bulb valve conected to a nipple on the fuel filter . Took a while though , mine to had no lift pump.

04 1.6 TDCI Best way to prime diesel - hardway

Situations like this,

and for me it's usually Transits,

I get an assitant to crcnk it over while I pulse just enough starter fluid into the engine to get it to run and sel bleed.

though it can take a while only use small pssts and no throttle.

Eventually it'll stabalise and take throttle.