What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
01 1.2 easytronic gear box fault - houndog
hi all have a prob with my corsa easytronic gear box the clutch fuild had turned a darl colour and have wot looks like melted rubber bits in it suspect the seals in the acuator are u/s does that sound rite ?? bangs into first gear gets into second gear then crunches and drops into neutral no better when using the tronic side of the gear boxes feels like the clutch anit clearin enough is there a cheap answer to this prob.
thanks for any advise you can give
01 1.2 easytronic gear box fault - magpie
Hello dog

well mate your not alone, in fact I'm in the same boat! car just lost power drove it into side road. On the dash "f" is displayed I can not start the car at all. I took it to a local garage as they have a fault finder p.c (or something like that) went backa day later garage said they would'nt touch it as Easytronic gearboxes are a nightmare to fix and thats if they can fix it. I'm gutted in fact the garage said don't spend a penny on the car and scrap it!!!! 3 yrs ago I bought it for £4995 with low milage etc etc.....I can not belive a gearbox would just stop dead. There was no noise's or anything to make me think there was something wrong. Guys anyone in the know...could they please give a list of things to try before I even think about scrapping it.....and then have no car.

would the codes be of any help?

magpie is crying in his boots right now

mags
01 1.2 easytronic gear box fault - topbloke
plenty of probs with these but normal things to check are cbrake light bulbs and crank sensor if you have any codes post them and i will try to enlighten you as to what they mean
01 1.2 easytronic gear box fault - Pompeybella

Would you be able to give me some advice on my Vauxhall Corsa C 2002 1.2 easytronic gear box fault.

I have had it checked at the garage and the following codes came up on the report:

P1722 gear selector serial data

p1706 clutch temperature

The garage was unable to determine fault at time of checking.

The car works sometimes and not others. It looses power when trying to select gears. Very random. Would be grateful if anyone could advise.

I

01 1.2 easytronic gear box fault - davla
My wife has a Corsa C 1.2 Automatic (Easytronic) first registered in 2001 and only done 30,000 miles. Over the past three months it has developed faults similar to yours. On braking, not necessarily hard, it either slips out of gear or the engine stops and 'f' comes up on the dash display. In either event, after about twenty minutes the engine will re-start or it will engage gears and will drive.

It has been into the local Vauxhall dealer (SLM) five times now. On the first three occasions they could not find the fault but 're-wired and re-set the gearbox'! I have been in hospital for surgery and it is essential that we have a reliable car. So when it happened at the time I was due to come out of hospital, I e-mailed the dealer and demanded action, a courtesy car and no charge to us.

On this occasion, I was telephoned by a director of the company who promised to sort the problem. They determined that the computer control box which controls the gearbox was faulty and replaced it. They said they could absorb all the labour costs but could not absorb the cost of the new control box and asked us to pay over £800.00! I said put the old control box back and we would take our chances. They then said that they were not prepared to do that as prior to changing the control box the car had been breaking down very frequently and they were not prepared to release it to us in that state. So I got them to reduce their price to £714.15 (net cost to them) and we paid that.

On the very next day the fault happened when it slipped out of gear on braking and two days later I was in the car with my wife when again, on braking, it slipped out of gear. The engine kept running, but would not exceed 2000 revs and we had no drive, despite moving the gear lever to every possible position. After switching the engine off and waiting about twenty minutes it re-started and we had drive. So it is back with the dealer and we have stopped the cheque.

I am not an engineer and know very little about modern car circuitry but it occurs to me that as the brake light switch is obviously in the circuit to the computer control box (Viz. the need to depress the brake pedal when starting) and as the fault occurs on braking - maybe the two are connected.

Any thoughts anyone.

Davla
01 1.2 easytronic gear box fault - celio
Hi mate have you ever get that problem sorted. I've just bought a corsa that has the same fault. Appreciate for any help. Thanks.
01 1.2 easytronic gear box fault - jeanz

was this problem ever resolved , anyone had any solutions to this problem, seems everyone is suggesting to scrap surely there is an answer

01 1.2 easytronic gear box fault - Pompeybella

I have been advised by my AA man that it could be the crank position sensor. Not a particularly expensive part but could be a b***** in labour as some cars have to be stripped to replace. I am going to investigate and let you know.

01 1.2 easytronic gear box fault - Beetlefan

The Crank sensor on a Corsa C should only take half an hour (absolute maximum) to change,there is only one Torx bolt holding it in and and electrical connector which seperates.

01 1.2 easytronic gear box fault - Beetlefan

It sounds like the cars gearbox needs connecting to 'Tech2' diagnostics machine,this is the system used by a main dealer,They will then be able to bleed the system and reset the clutch biting point!