What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
98 2.0 no gears - loltel
hi

any ideas please

i have a 1998 galaxy 2.0 and for the last few weeks it has been jumping out of gear, then 2 days ago it was very hard to get into gear and i had to keep puhing the clutch to get it to go. then yesterday the clutch was sort of airy fairy and went to the floor in a puff of air, from then on i could not get into any gear at all - when i turned the engine off, it went through the gears no problem, but engine on nothing - my neighbour said its the clutch slave cylinder and stuff about air bleeding, so i bout one and he changed it for me today, but nothing is different, he said he has had 3 attempts at bleeding the air, but its still exactly the same.

please point me in the right direction
98 2.0 no gears - Peter.N.
Is it moving the clutch arm? if so could be a mechanical problem with the clutch itself. If it is a problem with air, the only guaranted way of removing it all is to attach a tube to the slave cylinder bleed screw and force fluid back up to the master cylinder.It could of course be the master cylinder that's faulty.