93 1769 N/S Inner Driveshaft Boot - Shef
Peugeot Diesel 1769 non Turbo. Looking at my split N/S Inner Driveshaft Boot it seems like a straight shaft removal and slip the boot over the Inner joint from the inboard end using the Draper expansion funnel. However the Haynes manual reckons to unpeen the joint cover etc. Mine doesn't look to have this peened over end fitting and the boot is held on by metal ty-locks. Any experience out there please.
93 1769 N/S Inner Driveshaft Boot - andrewuwe
It's easier to get a complete driveshaft than replace the gaiter. How long has it been split? Do you check every week as per haynes or has it only come up because of the mot and has been split, full of water, grit etc...
I did mine, which had metal clips, (306) only to have the joint go 5000 miles later. I used cable tie types in the replacement gaiter and discarded the metal ones. You need damn strong fingers with those funnels!

Any way cut the old gaiter off with a knife and have a good look first.
93 1769 N/S Inner Driveshaft Boot - Peter.N.
Check for any radial movement in the inner joint, if you can feel any, fit a new one.
93 1769 N/S Inner Driveshaft Boot - slowdown avenue
the hub nut is put on really tightn you ll need an extension bar, carefull when you split the ball joint not to split rubber. also you need a good vice. to hold it while you replace the gaitor. best get anmobie indy , save you a lot of stress