92 00 Central Locking problem - waue1978
I locked the car last night & all four locking buttons on the doors went down as they are supposed to, but on testing the drivers rear door I found it to be unlocked still - even though the button had gone down when I locked the car!

Does this sound like a part may need replacing or just a simple case of something not connected behind the doorcard? I've not got any experience of taking Mercs apart so won't know what I'm looking for in there.

I've trawled through the Merc forums & the only locking problems I can find showing up all relate to the vacuum pump, but surely that must be fine on mine as the buttons are all going up & down to signify that the central locking itself is working.

The upshot of this is that I have no way to lock this door now so I've had to leave the car at work where it's safe. Has anybody ever come across this before?

Edited by Pugugly on 14/04/2009 at 12:54

92 2000 Central Locking Problem - bell boy
or just a simple case of something not connected behind the doorcard
>>
>>>>>>> as harry hill would say

"only one way to find out"

remove the doorcard and have a look:-)
92 2000 Central Locking Problem - gordonbennet
Doesn't your car have push buttons on top of the door cards, you should be able to push that button down before/after locking the others, and the button should pop up when you open the door from inside.

Other than that before you strip the door out, take your car to somewhere very quiet and listen very carefully in the vicinity of the back seat (i think the vacuum pump and pipework may be under the back seat) and the door itself whilst operating the door locks, with a bit of luck you'll hear air hissing if there is a leak, if not as BB says, looks like having a poke nose inside the door.

Edit, i'll read the post properly one day...forget the first sentence.;)

Edited by gordonbennet on 13/04/2009 at 15:31

92 2000 Central Locking Problem - bell boy
yes gb the button go up and down he says
so something has disconnected/broken in the door
not bad for a 17 year old car though is it
ps the best merc ever made them but what a shame you cant get comfortable behind the wheel
92 2000 Central Locking Problem - gordonbennet
I'm getting worse for skip reading BB, its me age..

There's one of the best kept 190e's in blue in Chipping Warden village, all credit to the owner, it looks showroom cond at all times.
92 2000 Central Locking Problem - jc2
Does the door lock if you operate door button manually?-if not sounds like linkage between button and lock.
92 2000 Central Locking Problem - waue1978
No, it doesn't. Interior handle still opens it with button down or up, as does exterior handle - no movement from the button whatsoever unless locking & unlocking from drivers door.