What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
03 2.4 Steering Vibration problem - Godzknight
Hi All,

The normal drive is fine but there is a vibration from about 60 mph on up on highway.

I can feel quite strong vibration but sometime disappear viber for short time and go on

from 60 mph over. Please advice me to get rid of vebration then I will appreciate.
03 2.4 Steering Vibration problem - Dynamic Dave
Start with the simplest solution - get the wheels balanced and see if that resolves it. If not, then start digging deeper.
Thanks for reply.

Could you explain easily for me please. and Are there anything else to check out?

Edited by Godzknight on 26/03/2009 at 00:52

03 2.4 Steering Vibration problem - ex-Triumph man
Dynamic Dave is right. Go for the most obvious - wheel balance, and whilst the wheels are off the car, get the tyre fitter to make sure there is no ovality(run-out) on the tyres.
If the vibration is still there, see if you can get the wheels balanced whilst they are still on the car. That way you will get the wheels and the driveshafts balanced. Don't know if there are many outlets that still offer that service so you may have to do a bit of phoning round for that.
03 2.4 Steering Vibration problem - ablandy
i had a tourer version with the 2.4 (was type s) and had vibrations through the whole car - turned out to be a bent drive shaft. Wasnt cheap to repair! This was after it was suggested i should replace the wheels (which i didnt).

im sure there was a thread on it if you are interested.

edit - but check the cheaper things out first as suggested.

Edited by ablandy on 26/03/2009 at 09:24

Thanks all of you.

I will check step by step as you adviced me.