What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
98 1.25 blown head gasket ??? - williewumpkin
I own a fiesta 1.25 on a v plate there is cream cheese at the end of the breather hose which leads into the air box, it also has a lumpy exhaust note,(only n tick over) it also uses oil. and on tick over if I pull out the dipstick alot of vapour comes out. there is no mix of oil with water and the car runs well any ideas!!??

>year and engine size edited in

Edited by Pugugly on 31/01/2009 at 16:43

blown head gaskit ??? - smokie
Not sure if it'd be the same as my wife's ex Fiesta (not a 1.25) but the breather used to get completely blocked with emulsion, causing stalling. That was apparently a "known fault" mainly due to only doing short runs, allowing condensation to build up in the rocker cover.

I doubt it's a blown head gasket. on the other evidence, but someone who knows more will be along soon to advise...
blown head gaskit ??? - DP
Could just need a clean out of the breathers and a damn good motorway run to get everything properly hot.

Does the car do mostly short journeys, as with Smokie's example?
blown head gaskit ??? - williewumpkin
how long does a car have to be driven in order for it to get poperly hot it does 12 mile to work and 12 mile back ,i am gonna take the rocker box lid off tomorrow and have a butchers inside to see the extent of all the mayo
98 1.25 blown head gasket ??? - williewumpkin
I did reply to your thread but someone has deleted the whole lot dunno why?????
98 1.25 blown head gasket ??? - Pugugly
Not me - PU (Mod)
98 1.25 blown head gasket ??? - Webmaster
someone has deleted the whole lot dunno why?????

Triggering the swear filter several times. Had it been just the once I might have edited the post, but as it was several times it was far easier to delete - as per the following info

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=33415