What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Stirling Moss - ablandy
Anyone seen the pictures of the SLR Stirling Moss. Phew, its fantastic.

I wont put the link on here as it is a rival website.

Do you think they gave Stirling Moss one for using his name? They are only making 75.

Stirling Moss - quizman
Stirling Moss is one of my all time favorite sportsmen, along with Kevin Hector and Bob Taylor.

I've not seen the pictures, but I don't think they will be giving any away just yet.
Stirling Moss - DP
I wonder if it comes without driver aids, a zero-star NCAP rating, and with dirty great spike sticking out of the middle of the steering column to teach the driver a valuable lesson in times of carelessness. ;-)

Also one of my all time favourite sportsmen. He's a legend.

Cheers
DP

Stirling Moss - lotusexige
I wonder if it comes without driver aids a zero-star NCAP

Like the genuine 1955ish SLR, the one with the space frame chassis and low pivot point rear suspension, to my mind the only desireable Mercedes ever built.
Stirling Moss - boxsterboy
SM is a friend of a friend. And he's a true gent. He would never be seen dead in this Arab Sheik special, though. A Smart is more his style these days - indeed his first Smart, the third one off the production line, was on display at Mercedes-Benz World recently.
Stirling Moss - AlanGowdy
SM is a friend of a friend. And he's a true gent. He would never
be seen dead in this Arab Sheik special though. A Smart is more his style
these days - indeed his first Smart the third one off the production line was
on display at Mercedes-Benz World recently.

Refreshing to see that a man of such calibre recognises the absurdity of such gas guzzlers in today's world.
Stirling Moss - Stuartli
I'm lucky enough to have accompanied Stirling Moss in various Mercedes on several occasions for some very quick, highly enjoyable road trips.

Even as a senior citizen, Stirling's reactions behind the wheel are lightning fast and you always feel absolutely safe, despite the speeds involved, as you would rightly imagine.

Stirling Moss - bathtub tom
Does he still ride a scooter around London?
Stirling Moss - Avant
One of the signs of true greatness is to recognise that quality in others. When Juan Manuel Fangio died, Stirling said simply 'He was the greatest driver who ever lived'.

I wonder how many of today's sportsmen would say that about their rivals. Harry Redknapp probably would, but then he seems to understand that football is about people.

I like to think that Stirling Moss got his knighthood for the man he is, and not just for his achievements.