What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Poor projector headlight performance - andyfr
I drive in a rural area so the headlights are very important at this time of year. On main beam they are fine but on dipped beam very poor and this is using the projector part of the headlight. I don't want to install anything which is either illegal or will cause glare for oncoming drivers.

On a previous car I put some +50% bulbs in and they were a lot better but that wasn't in a projector headlight. I called in a local accessory shop and he said that he would only get them to order, they didn't improve lighting very much and would only last about two months!

My wife's car is fine on dipped beams but again not a projector headlight. Do all projector lights have poor performance?
Poor projector headlight performance - Hamsafar
There's not much you can do, it's either just a poor design or maybe they need adjusting for throw? One problem with lamps made for the USA and EU market is that the legal requirements are quite different so some manufacturers make compromise between the two and so they end up being the worst of both worlds.
Poor projector headlight performance - Paul G1pdc
my old ford puma had these type of headlights, they where really bad, yes they looked pretty....but didn't work very well, and again on main beam with another llight in the cluster worked well...
some of the people on the puma owners club, modified theres by using fiat punto parts..
but on your new car thats now really an option...
paul
(own a impreza gx now, not pretty but the headlights and AWD on the country roads are great.)
Poor projector headlight performance - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
My Hyundai Coupe has the bullseye type projector headlights (standard bulbs ) and SWMBO Getz has more conventional type. The Getz has a much better performance and main beam is wonderful. My Passat had projector type dipped beams and I needed the extra bright bulbs to improve the brightness.
Poor projector headlight performance - Galad
I've just bought a 2007 Toyota Avensis and have also been disappointed at the performance of the projector headlights. Might now change up to extra bright bulbs.
Poor projector headlight performance - tawse
My Fiat Brava had terrible lights and was a worry in the end. I have read numerous posts and reviews stating that the Toyota Verso's lights are pretty pathetic also. Have to say this is the first time I have heard mention of a CRV having poor lights which surprises me for a 4x4.

I wonder if poor lights has anything to do with many countries having white street lighting, which IMPO is much clearer, so the car lights do not need to be as powerful but when you have the same cars in dim sodium yellow Britain the lights just ain't up to the task?

Poor projector headlight performance - andyfr
Being a bit cynical I'm inclined to think that it's to get buyers to pay extra for xenon.
Poor projector headlight performance - Deskpilot
I too am Honda CRVIII owner from April, 2007, and felt much the same as yourself in the first few months. However, I now seem to find them satisfactory, although they are poor in comparision to those fitted to my 2005 CRVII model.

What worries me is the dazzling effect that might occur in the rear mirrors of vehicles in front. Not long ago I was being followed by a super mini type car along a very dark road and was being severely dazzled by it's lights. In desperation I pulled into a layby and then noted that the headlamp pattern looked much the same as mine on the CRVII.
Poor projector headlight performance - boxsterboy
The xenons on my E-class are superb!