What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2001 2.0 Lacquer Flaking Rear AMG Alloys - Monsieur Kev
Is there a company that exchanges alloy wheels, or somehwere reliable where I can send mine to be remanufactured? I would consider buying brand new original wheels if I could find a supplier other than a Merc dealer.

My rear AMG alloys (tyre size 245/17 -40) are flaking on the outer rim. No kerb damage, although the fronts have very slight grazing.

Thanks
2001 2.0 Lacquer Flaking Rear AMG Alloys - boxsterboy
There are plenty of AMG suppliers out there. Elite in Essex, for one (I bought some there a few years ago). A good refurber is BJV in Hertfordshire (I'm having a set done there at the moment). If your alloys have a diamond cut (highly polished) rim, you've done well to get to 7 years old before needing a refurb!
2001 2.0 Lacquer Flaking Rear AMG Alloys - Bill Payer
Pristine Wheels used to refurb for Merc under warranty (MB tend to replace now):
www.pristinealloywheels.co.uk/
2001 2.0 Lacquer Flaking Rear AMG Alloys - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
Ihad two sets under warranty on my E320, they had the diamond cut finish on them. Despite nurturing the wheels they only lasted a couple of years before the laquer started to lift mainly round the bolt holes and centre cap. Seems the laquer is very thin on any 'edge'.
I gave up and had the wheels refurbished then refinished in a bright silver. Admittedly they dont look quite so good but they are much easier to care for and after two years look as good as the day they went on.
2001 2.0 Lacquer Flaking Rear AMG Alloys - Monsieur Kev
Thanks very much.